- Member Since: July 5, 2022
.minecraft - Minecraft Wiki
This folder contains the .jar recordsdata, sound, music, resource packs, personal choices, worlds, etc.
1 Locating .minecraft
2 .minecraft file hierarchy
Under is a table displaying the default directory for .minecraft.
Locating the .minecraft folder might be very important for putting in a useful resource pack or to find any made screenshots.
The Home windows location in the table above is just the default case. Wikimedia Launchers can set the .minecraft at any path.
If you are a Windows consumer and are unfamiliar with how to search out your appdata folder, follow these steps:
1. Click Begin → Run. If you do not see "Run", press ⊞ Home windows + R.
2. Kind %APPDATA%\.minecraft and click "Ok".
If you're a Mac consumer, you may open the folder by Spotlight:
1. Open Finder and press ⇧ Shift + ⌘ Command + G or open the Highlight popup by means of the magnifying glass icon on the correct of the Menu Bar.
2. Type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft and hit ↵ Enter.
On Linux or macOS, the ~ in the path refers to the house directory. Folders starting with a . are hidden by default. In most file managers, hitting Ctrl + H toggles their hidden status. In macOS particularly, since model 10.12 (Sierra), the shortcut ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + .